Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Room in Need of Love

I don't mean to get too philosophical, but I guess it stands to reason that every after has to have a before.

This certainly holds true for my bedroom makeover. I have never liked the way my last bedroom makeover turned out and frankly hated the paint color so much that I never even put anything on the walls. I wish I had all of you back then to inspire and encourage me.

Here are a few pictures of my unloved bedroom. Please don't think badly of me. :o)

I was shooting for a deep lilac color. I found this oops paint at Lowes for dirt cheap and thought it was close to what I wanted. I was WRONG!

A quick note to any of you who think it would be wonderful to have textured walls...JUST SAY NO!

Here are a few items that were transformed during the makeover. I will show you what they looked like in their original state and then you can look for them in the reveal. Remember Highlights Magazine? The back page always had a Find the Hidden Items Puzzle. I loved that magazine, but I digressed.

Remember this little table that I bought at
the Centerberg Auction?
You remember this gentleman, don't you?
This was my grandfather's dresser. I gave it
a facelift, but I don't think he would mind.

Are you ready to see the new room?
(Dramatic pause)

4 comments:

  1. Hi La, I have really enjoyed catching up with your blog. What wonderful auction finds! I have banned myself from auctions as I can't control myself. Well until the winter anyway! I can't wait to see your bedroom makeover, fancy leaving us in suspense like that! Bosco is adorable, he must be such a lovely little friend. Thanks so much for all your kind comments. I'm really grateful. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't keep us in suspense! I know it looks beautiful. I love your granddad's dresser---a real treasure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a good eye. It's too bad on that paint. If it had a little more blue in it I bet it would have been a scrumptious purple!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La